Young Audiences/Arts for Learning Maryland, founded in Baltimore in 1950, is the country’s foremost arts-in-education non-profit organization. The Maryland chapter of Young Audiences (YA) provides more than 9,000 arts education opportunities to nearly 200,000 students, artists, and educators throughout the state each year. YA is a mission-driven organization that values community, innovation, and passion. The staff, board, and teaching artists have a shared commitment to advance equity in the field of education by working tirelessly to generate opportunities for students to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts.
Processes and systems are the key to the success of our organization. We are in search of an Operations, Office, and Inventory Coordinator with excellent organization skills and a personable disposition to support our success. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to be flexible and handle anything that might come their way. You will be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining and creating procedures, communication, and safety. Not only will your contributions allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our team has grown to love. This person will also develop Inventory operations and inventory management systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for purchasing, receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping/delivery.
Operations, Office and Inventory Coordinator Job Duties:
- Manage all vendor relationships including phone, internet, copier, and fax and troubleshoot when problems arise to ensure minimum downtime.
- Work with outside IT support to maintain computer, network and phone systems. Overseeing computer system backup procedures.
- Assist with tracking software and computer inventory so that upgrades/updates and reassignments of hardware can happen smoothly, as needed.
- Develop and manage the tracking and distribution of laptops, ipads, sound equipment, projectors and other organizational shared equipment.
- Achieve Inventory operations objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Meet Inventory operations financial objectives by working with department leads and managers to forecast needs and requirements.
- Develops Inventory operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops Inventory design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Develops Inventory operations system improvements by analyzing process workflow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Secures property by developing protection and access policies and procedures.
- Accomplishes Inventory operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Operations, Office and Inventory Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
High School Diploma/GED, Managing Processes, People Management, Supervision, Data Entry Skills, Data Entry Management, Data Processing, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented. Should be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
We offer a starting annual salary of $46,000 and an attractive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision health care coverage, retirement contributions, paid sick leave, and vacation time.
For consideration, please apply on our website, https://www.yamd.org/join-us/internship-and-employment-opportunities/ope.... Please do not send applications that include headshots or photos of yourself. No phone calls or recruiters please.