Port Discovery Children’s Museum, one of the top Children’s Museum in the United States and a top cultural institution in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our Sales team as a Field Trip Specialist.
The Specialist will actively sell the museum to social groups, girl / boy scouts, youth organizations, summer camps, churches, pre-school, elementary, and middle schools statewide and in surrounding states. Works closely with the Sales team to schedule, track and account for all school/groups booked in the computer system. Acts as a liaison with the client and the museum staff to maintain consistent product / curriculum materials. Conducts research on emerging markets as well as build upon existing markets.
Work schedule will be Tuesday to Friday. We can offer up to 28 hours per week. Position is temporary, available January to May. This job status will be re-assessed in a few months based on museum needs.
Port Discovery is seeking individuals who are:
- Detail oriented with great communication skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, creative, dependable and flexible.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Generates, meets and/or exceed goals for field trip revenue.
- Distributes grant funding to eligible organizations for free or reduced field trips.
- Schedules weekly sales calls to various school, educational facilities, group/organization leaders and clubs to meet with decision-makers in regards to school/group visits.
- Maintains a log of client visits and conversations with date and person of contact information.
- Represents Port Discovery at various tradeshows or seminars to promote field trips.
- Works closely with Sales management to create marketing materials and a cohesive marketing plan for school/group market.
- Attends weekly sales team meetings to review market status and future plans, goals and strategies.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Sales Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or commensurate experience.
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills are required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in sales, administration or ticketing required.
- Customer service orientation and mind-set.
- Experience working with education professionals. Teaching experience a plus.
- Must be outgoing and possess strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Must be comfortable in public speaking and possess strong telephone etiquette.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom required.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license to attend occasional offsite meetings and tradeshows.
This is a part-time and temporary position, with a starting rate of $17.00 per hour.
Port Discovery provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. Additional benefits include:
- Convenient location next to a subway stop, or we offer free parking.
- Free admission to the Museum for family and friends.
- Virtual interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Physical distancing guidelines in place
- Capacity levels set in exhibit spaces
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Daily health screening process
If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, then please submit your resume and cover letter.
To learn more about Port Discovery Children’s Museum, visit https://www.portdiscovery.org/. Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.