The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra seeks a Digital Marketing Manager who will report to the Senior Director of Marketing.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and implementing all web content and email initiatives to support the BSO’s goals of driving earned revenue online and deepening patron engagement. This position, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, will serve as the primary lead for front-end maintenance of the BSO’s websites (BSOmusic.org, OffStage.BSOmusic.org, and OrchKids.org) as well as email campaigns. Successful candidates must have 3-5 years prior experience in a digital marketing or e-commerce role.
This role will serve a key position to create a new website that is current, fully responsive, accessible, secure, and is easy to use by our clientele. This site will be the main site of the BSO and will have to reflect the organization, mission, and identity while creating a positive user experience and flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform day-to-day front-end content maintenance of the BSO website and ensure accurate, updated information is available for all patrons.
- Understand how the website interfaces with our ticketing system, Tessitura, and actively report/troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Be familiar with full capabilities of Umbraco and WordPress, the BSO’s Content Management Systems, to offer streamlined and efficient solutions to online projects and campaigns.
- Perform day-to-day front-end continent maintenance to OffStage.BSOmusic.org, hosted through UScreen.
- Publish and maintain all digital content on BSO OffStage including livestreamed and on-demand performances, BSO Sessions, educational media, and free content.
- Serve as the primary liaison with website developers to ensure timely and efficient maintenance of the BSO’s website.
- Responsible for designing, scheduling, proofing, and deploying all BSO e-blasts across the organization.
- Track open rates, click-through rates, and revenue conversion of BSO e-blasts.
- Optimize marketing assets for digital implementation, ensuring all digital marketing is user-friendly and responsive.
- Assist with planning and implementation of digital ads.
- Report on digital analytics to the BSO marketing team on a regular basis.
- Stay abreast of trends and emerging technology in the online marketplace and industry, adjusting the online marketing plan accordingly.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- 3-5 years prior experience in a digital marketing or e-commerce role.
- Proficiency with HTML5 is required. Proficiency in CSS is preferred.
- Experience working with a CMS, preferably with an e-commerce website.
- Experience with developing, deploying, and analyzing email marketing campaigns.
- Proficient in digital analytic reporting, including but not limited to experience with Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Experience with social media marketing.
- Experience with search engine optimization and marketing is preferred.
- Highly organized, methodical, and process-driven.
- Must have a strong customer focus with the ability to identify and distinguish unique customer segments.
- Have a creative eye and mind for online page layout and digital media.
- Experience with Tessitura, Wordfly, Umbraco, WordPress, and UScreen is a plus.
- Experience with responsive design.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be a self-starter who takes direction well.
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills.
- Ability and motivation to work in creative ways to expand the boundaries of traditional audience services and take advantage of emerging e-commerce technologies.
- Background in arts management is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] by Monday, July 8, 2022.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND ON THE BSO
For over a century, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) has been recognized as one of America’s leading orchestras and one of Maryland’s most significant cultural institutions. The orchestra is internationally renowned and locally admired for its innovation, performances, recordings, and educational outreach initiatives including OrchKids.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra performs annually for more than 275,000 people throughout the State of Maryland. Since 1982, the BSO has performed at the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore, and since 2005, with the opening of The Music Center at Strathmore in North Bethesda, MD, the BSO became the nation’s first orchestra performing its full season of classical and pops concerts in two metropolitan areas. More recently, 2020 marked the beginning of a new era of artistry, innovation, stability, and digital accessibility, including the launch of the virtual platform BSO OffStage and a groundbreaking docu-concert series BSO Sessions.
More information about the BSO can be found at BSOmusic.org.