Rare opportunity to join the marketing team for one of the leading Children's Museums in the nation as a Digital Content Specialist. Join Port Discovery Children's Museum in downtown Baltimore and assist with marketing, communications and outreach in a fast-paced, rewarding environment. Help tell the story of how Port Discovery educates and enriches the lives of children and families by helping children learn through playing. The Specialist plans for and coordinates content as well as serves as a content developer for a range of the platforms in order to engage and communicate with target audiences, including parents and caregivers, teachers and educators, donors and partners, and community members. The primary responsibility of this position is to help conceptualize and create digital content in support of the Museum’s mission that are engaging, relevant and impactful to audiences, and that helps position Port Discovery as a community resource and thought leader.
Work includes designing graphics and imagery for use on digital platforms, planning, coordinating, shooting and editing photos and videos, creating GIFs and memes, and may include animation work and graphic design for print and other materials.
The Workweek for this position is mostly Monday through Friday, however, this position is expected to work 1-2 weekend days a month in order to capture and collect photos, videos and content to aid in developing digital and promotional content. Most of the work for this position will be expected to be on-site.
The salary range for this position is $40k to $43k, based on experience.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work collaboratively to develop, design, create and distribute a variety of engaging content via platforms including the PortDiscovery.org website, social media platforms, blogs, podcasts, video platforms, and more.
- Design graphics and imagery for use on digital platforms.
- Plan, shoot, and edit photos and videos for use across digital marketing platforms. Content may include, but is not limited to short-form videos for use on Tik Tok, Instagram, and Facebook, promotional and recap videos for use on social media, the Port Discovery website, and YouTube, and video interviews with guests and staff.
- Assist with short-form copywriting, including captions and copy for social media posts and calendar listings.
- Help to monitor, maintain, and improve the content on PortDiscovery.org, with an eye for how content is formatted and delivered.
- Help monitor and maintain Port Discovery social media and respond to customer messages, inquiries, comments, and reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education / Experience / Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in graphic design, production, digital design, marketing, communications, social networking, and/or content engagement.
- Associates or BA/BS degree required in communications, marketing, English, multimedia, design, or a related field.
- Experience with the creation and curation of digital content across a wide spectrum of digital channels.
- Strong knowledge of leveraging social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, possibly TikTok.
- Solid understanding of creating and editing audio, video, photography, and design images (Photoshop, Canva, Adobe Premier, and similar tools).
- Experience with creating and using photography and videography for web, social and digital advertising.
- Well organized, ability to multitask and possess excellent time management and follow-up skills, and able to work under tight timelines.
- Ability to take ownership, prioritize, and efficiently complete tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in collaborative, cross-functional team environments.
- Must be willing to work some irregular hours, weekends and/or public holidays.
- Excellent customer service skills and portray a professional manner at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Port Discovery provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the community and in the lives of children. Additional benefits include:
- Free parking
- Free admission to the Museum for family
- Group medical, dental and / or vision insurance options
- Vacation, personal and sick leave
- Retirement savings with Museum match after 6 months
- Museum provided life and disability insurance, as well as EAP, travel assistance and grief counseling support.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Normal working hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but 1-2 weekend days per month are required for gathering content. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required
- Virtual or In-person interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Physical distancing guidelines in place
- Capacity levels set in exhibit spaces
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Daily health monitoring process
Send us your resume and cover letter, and let’s start this journey together!
To learn more about Port Discovery Children’s Museum, visit https://www.portdiscovery.org/. Port Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.