The Program & Marketing Assistant position reports directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has the zeal to support the development, implementation, and management of GBCA’s multi-faceted programmatic and institutional marketing and communications efforts, including digital marketing, the production/refinement of marketing collaterals, and providing project-specific administrative support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program & Marketing Assistant will have regular interactions with leaders, artists, creatives, and organizations in the Baltimore cultural community. This position will provide natural opportunities to learn and grow and requires the ability to remain flexible and adaptable regarding work assignments. The ideal candidate is required to demonstrate a high level of commitment to GBCA’s mission and a keen interest in elevating the Baltimore region’s arts and culture sector.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Compile weekly email newsletter and events emails.
- Maintain jobs listings on GBCA’s JobsPlus
- Daily approval and maintenance of events on GBCA’s cultural events calendar, CultureFly.
- Maintain and cultivate new opportunities and resource listings on GBCA’s website.
- Assist with the development and implementation of GBCA’s digital marketing strategy, including scheduling and posting content on the organization’s social media channels.
- Assist with the ideation and creation of marketing collaterals and/or promotional materials.
- Assist with GBCA’s event coordination and community collaborations.
- Provide administrative and/or technical support to users of GBCA’s online platforms.
- Attend weekly “Think-tank” meetings with the Marketing & Communications Manager and general staff meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS Office products, Adobe Photoshop, and Canva, in a Mac environment.
- Understanding of digital marketing, SEO, and Google analytics.
- Familiarity with current social media trends and growth strategies (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
- Knowledge of Drupal, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, and Google Drive.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization.
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and creatively solve problems and/or resolve issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a broad range of individuals from GBCA’s stakeholder base.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize competing priorities, multi-task, anticipate needs, and meet deadlines.
- Appreciation for the role and impact of arts and culture in the region.
- General knowledge of the Baltimore region’s cultural community.
Working environment: GBCA is housed in the Motor House building on West North Ave. in the heart of the Station North Arts and Entertainment District.
Remote/Virtual working policy: As of January 2022, and depending on the current health environment, all GBCA staff work on a hybrid model, completing work both virtual and in-person.
Schedule: Schedules will be determined with supervisor.
Health and Safety: The Motor House follows all CDC and City recommendations/regulations pertaining to COVID.
Education: Associates degree in marketing, business, communication, or graphic design is preferred but not required. A minimum of a high school diploma.