Human Resources Data Coordinator
Arts for Learning Maryland, founded in Baltimore in 1950, is the country’s foremost arts-in-education non-profit organization. The Maryland chapter of Young Audiences/Arts for Learning (A4L) provides more than 9,000 arts education opportunities to nearly 200,000 students, artists, and educators throughout the state each year. A4Lis a mission-driven organization that values community, innovation, and passion. The staff, board, and teaching artists have a shared commitment to advance equity in the field of education by working tirelessly to generate opportunities for students to imagine, create, and realize their full potential through the arts.
The Human Resources Data Coordinator is a full time, exempt position that will report to the Data and Systems Manager. This position will work with the Data and Systems Manager to collect, compile, and analyze HR and orgwide data, metrics, and statistics, and apply this data to make recommendations related to all facets of human resources.
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors’ practices, and other sources.
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Organizes and maintains org wide HR systems data including but not limited to the following systems:
- Google Shared Drive
- Internal Shared Drive
- Builds out our portfolio of systems integration including but not limited to:Work on better integration of systems like
- Google sheets and Salesforce
- Mailchimp and Salesforce
- Form Assembly to Salesforce
- Assists Data Manager and HR Coordinator in preparing reports of data results for presentation and explanation to senior leadership.
- Identifies and recommends reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics.
- Facilitates implementation of onboarding training for orgwide systems and tools like form assembly, google sheets, asana, etc.
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve the organizational culture including suggestions to attract and hire qualified candidates, to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance.
- May conduct or assist with conducting classification audits to ensure that jobs are properly classified as exempt or nonexempt.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- May assist HR leadership with staffing, recruiting, and departmental budgets.
- May guide and/or assist with performance, benefit, and compensation review and evaluation processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least two years of experience in related areas such as data management, recruitment, selection, project management, employee benefits, and/or equal opportunity compliance preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and HR policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/ Google Suite or related software, especially spreadsheets.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS, payroll, and similar employee management software.
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to proactively identify areas of systems improvement
This position is a full-time, salaried position has a salary range of $40,000 to $44,000 based on experience. We offer an attractive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision health care coverage, retirement contributions, paid sick leave, and vacation time.
For consideration, please apply on our website, https://www.artsforlearningmd.org/. Please do not send applications that include headshots or photos of yourself. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Arts for Learning Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to cultivating a diverse workforce and equitable workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, veteran status, and disability. All qualified applications will be given equal opportunity.