The Facilities Assistant is the first point of contact for Chesapeake Arts Center (CAC) via phone or in person. As the ‘face’ of our organization, the successful candidate will be presentable and friendly, with outstanding customer service skills, showing a high attention to detail and follow through, initiative, and problem solving abilities.
● Greet people entering the building, answering any questions, providing directions to appropriate rooms, and alerting staff when someone is there to meet or visit them. ● Utilize the CAC web site and Art Center Canvas back-end database to look up class information, register participants in classes, or provide other information to visitors about CAC programs.
● Answer a multiple line phone system, manage calls by routing them to the proper extensions or taking messages and delivering them to appropriate staff via email ● Assist visitors with disabilities with accessing the lift or other accommodations to ensure equal access and a positive, respectful experience.
● Manage the building log of who is entering and exiting the building.
● Accept deliveries and deliver packages to appropriate staff people.
● Serve as the face of the organization, offering friendly service to those entering the building or calling CAC on the phone.
● Maintain the reception area and front entranceway, keeping it clean and free of clutter, and ensuring a welcoming, accessible environment for all visitors. Ensure promotional materials are plentiful and stocked in the lobby area. Monitor the galleries adjacent to the reception area, ensuring visitors can access and enjoy the artwork in the galleries. ● Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
● High school diploma/GED required
● Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
● Strong customer service skills able to assist a wide range of visitors who come to CAC for varied programs and activities.
● Ability to create and adhere to schedules and deadlines required.
● Strong interpersonal and time management skills; attention to detail is extremely important.
● Experience and comfort working on computers required; ability to learn CAC software programs.
● Confident and outgoing personality.
● Must be fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination upon hire