The Reception Desk Coordinator is the first point of contact for Chesapeake Arts Center (CAC) via phone or in person. As the ‘face’ of our organization, the successful candidate will be presentable and friendly, with outstanding customer service skills, showing a high attention to detail and follow through, initiative, and problem solving abilities.
● Greet people who enter the building, answering any questions, providing directions to appropriate rooms, and alerting staff when someone is there to meet or visit them.
● Utilize the CAC website and Art Center Canvas back-end database to look up class information, register participants in classes, or provide other information to visitors about CAC programs.
● Answer a multiple line phone system, manage calls by routing them to the proper extensions or taking messages and delivering them to appropriate staff via email
● Assist visitors with disabilities with accessing the lift or other accommodations to ensure equal access and a positive, respectful experience.
● Manage the building log of who is entering and exiting the building.
● Accept deliveries and deliver packages to appropriate staff people.
● Maintain the reception area and front entranceway, keeping it clean and free of clutter, and ensuring a welcoming, accessible environment for all visitors. Ensure promotional materials are plentiful and stocked in the lobby area; alert Marketing staff if supplies run low. Monitor the galleries adjacent to the reception area, ensuring visitors can access and enjoy the artwork in the galleries.
● Communicate with appropriate staff about building tours
● Follow CAC safety, operations, standards and practices.
● Prepare for the building to open or close ( open / close galleries, turn on lights, update signs, etc)
● Other related duties and responsibilities consistent with the primary function may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
● High school diploma/GED required
● Communicate under pressure: ability to effectively communicate with people in stressful situations and gather relevant information in the event of a related incident
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong customer service skills; able to assist a wide range of visitors who come to CAC for varied programs and activities.
● Ability to create and adhere to schedules and deadlines required.
● Strong interpersonal and time management skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to be flexible in adjusting to changing priorities and daily activities.
● Ability to work under deadline and multi-tasking pressure in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
● Valid driver’s license.
● Ideal candidate is bilingual in English and Spanish
● Ability to learn CAC software programs.
● Confident and outgoing personality.
● Must be fully vaccinated with proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire
HOURS AND SALARY:
This is a 15-20 hour a week position, Monday-Thursday. Daytime or evening shifts are available. The salary is $15/hour.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected], Pamala Williams, Director, Finance/HR.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CAC does not discriminate in offering equal access with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.