Chesapeake Arts Center (CAC) seeks an enthusiastic, ambitious, and goal-oriented Community Outreach Coordinator who is passionate about how the power of arts can facilitate community connections and bring people of diverse backgrounds together. This is a part-time (20-25 hours/week), hourly position, grant-funded position for one year which could be extended . At CAC, we encourage and promote open-minded thinking and honest dialogue utilizing the arts as a catalyst for crosscultural collaborations that celebrate and embrace our community’s rich diversity. We also believe in providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Supervisory Responsibilities: ▪ This position does not regularly supervise other employees but may periodically manage arts instructors on-site at community locations. Duties/Responsibilities:
• The Community Outreach Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Artistic Director, Education Director, and other program and education staff to support and implement diverse, artistic programs that expand and maintain community collaborations.
• Support and embody CAC’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) as outlined in the organization’s strategic plan through ongoing, communitybased programs
• Create relationships with diverse organizations in the region to build local partnerships in education, performing arts, exhibitions, or other artistic disciplines. • Work with marketing staff to seek new avenues of engagement and provide varied marketing activities that invites and welcomes new audiences to CAC programming.
2 • Represent CAC at community functions, school resources fairs, and education outreach programs and other community events;
• The Community Outreach Coordinator will be working with volunteers for special events, programs, and other tasks
• Evaluate programs in coordination with other key staff members;
• Track community engagement and gather feedback through qualitative and quantitative methods while working with staff on program refinement;
• Build and maintain positive relationships with contacts at schools, community groups, arts organizations, and other groups;
● Assist with special events, performances, or other CAC activities as needed.
● Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director/ Artistic Director.
● Bachelor’s degree in arts management, education, performing or visual arts, marketing, or related field; professional experience can replace degree requirements.
● Minimum 2-3 years of experience in arts programming, marketing, community outreach or other related fields.
● Experience teaching and working with students in both formal and informal settings;
● Ability to execute multiple projects, meet scheduled milestones, and meet deliverables on time with high quality outputs
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
● Artistic interest and/or experience
● Applicants with prior office experience, arts administration, or education (especially K12) with a passion for the arts are preferred. Interest in working in the non-profit sector is also strongly desirable.
● Strong organizational skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
● Strong computer skills: knowledge of Google Drive and other standard business. technology is required; knowledge of and experience in using standard Microsoft Office programs.
● Ability to work quickly and efficiently and meet deadlines; be self-directed and take initiative.
● Ability to work remotely or in person. ● Experience working in an arts or nonprofit organization preferred but not required.
● Ability to approach challenges in a supportive and creative manner; and to work collaboratively with colleagues and community members.
3 ● Exhibit professional and approachable demeanor; positively represent CAC in all job responsibilities.
● Position requires occasional travel in and around sites within Anne Arundel County and Baltimore with reliable transportation.
● May require occasional standing, cleaning, organizing, walking, lifting, and bending.
● Flexible schedule as well as some weekends/evenings for CAC events.
● Ideal candidate is bilingual in English and Spanish
● Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.