The Baltimore Museum of Art seeks a highly motivated Assistant Director of Events, Advancement who will play an integral role in the Events department as liaison and lead for all Advancement programming. This full-time, exempt position is responsible for overall project management of events that support the Museum’s fundraising initiatives for trustee, major donor, member, and corporate audiences, among others. As such, this position requires significant collaboration and communication activity with other divisions, departments, and general staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop and schedule an annual series of events and travel to support the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
· Plan, implement, and coordinate special events including exhibition openings, major fundraisers, member engagement programming, and private receptions of all sizes.
· Coordinate the Museum’s member/donor/trustee travel program, which includes day trips, as well as international and domestic travel.
· Provide support for curatorial dinners and artist celebrations.
· Collaborate with Advancement colleagues as well as those from other departments and assist with other activities associated with events such as ticketing, mailings, and reservations.
· Oversee and manage budgets and contracts as they relate to events.
· Collaborate with Director of Events on strategic planning initiatives for cross-divisional program alignment.
· 4-year undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or hospitality preferred or professional experience equivalent
· 3-5 years Special Events and Project Management experience
· Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media
· Experience in planning and executing all virtual and hybrid events
· Proven ability to anticipate needs and challenges and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
· Exceptional time management, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
· Occasional nights and weekend work required
· A passion for the arts
The BMA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For this exempt position we offer medical, dental, vision, prescription, 403b retirement plan with match, long term disability, flexible spending account, flexible and condensed scheduling, museum and restaurant discounts, and reduced fee gym membership. We also offer accrued vacation, holidays, personal days, floating holidays, and sick days.
Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this posting describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to [email protected] with
“Assistant Director Advancement Events” Last Name and First Name in the subject line.
Incomplete application materials will not be accepted.
No phone calls please.