About the Position
The Baltimore Arts Realty Corporation (BARCO) seeks a Marketing & Communications Intern to assist with ongoing marketing and communication efforts for the Motor House. The Motor House is a three-story nonprofit arts hub in the Station North Arts District that has 175-seat performance venue, 40-seat venue, bar/cafe, and is home to 14 multidisciplinary artists and 7 nonprofit arts-oriented organizations. We're int he midst of an exciting period of growth with the addition of a bar/cafe to the building and an expanded lineup of programming in our first-floor performance venue. The Motor House presents a wide variety of arts events from musicals to hip-hop showcases.
Students who are interested in getting a behind-the-scenes look into what it takes to build an audience for a growing arts venue should this interesting to provide a unique learning opportunity. The intern will gain valuable, hands-on experience with digital marketing strategies while engaging in meaningful work to support and grow Baltimore's vibrant, creative community. We're looking for an individual who is passionate about Baltimore's arts scene and is interested in gaining valuable arts management experience. The intern will report directly to BARCO's Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Working with the Marketing & Communications Manager to shape the strategic direction of Motor House social media channels
- Managing and generating dynamic contect for all of the Motor House social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Monitor digital channels, blogs, and other types of culutral media outlets for trending events, news & arts happenings to share with followers
- Regularly attend marquee events at the Motor House and documenting events on our social channels (nights & weekends required)
- Full or part-time enrollment in a degree program
- Experience with digital photography
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Able to cover events on nights & weeknights, as assigned
Baltimore Arts Realty Corporation
Marketing & Communications Intern
Job Submission Requirements:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.