The Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA) exists to nurture and promote a vibrant, diverse, and sustainable arts and cultural community essential to the region’s economic success and quality of life.
We believe that:
• Arts and culture are essential to a vibrant community, the education of our children, and a thriving economy.
• The cultural community is stronger when its members work together.
We strive to:
• Advocate for the health, vitality, and financial strength of the sector through communications, strategies, and actions that result in public and private support.
• Provide informed, authentic leadership that models cultural diversity, equity, and
inclusion through action.
• Connect artists and organizations to one another and to funding, technical assistance, and convening opportunities.
Established in 2001, GBCA members include arts, culture, history, and heritage organizations, as well as attractions, individual artists, arts lovers, universities, and colleges.
GBCA serves Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, and Howard Counties.