The application for Urban Arts Leadership Cohort '19 has closed
UAL Fellowship builds capacity by connecting fellows to resources and professional development workshops, with a particular focus on racial equity and inclusion. Fellows receive information and training, while developing new and expanded networks.
The UAL Fellowship process provides these defined components for the forward motion of each participating Fellow:
● Customized group capacity building intensive series
● Racial equity and inclusion training
● A matching process for placements within partnership/host organizations
● Project implementation period where Fellows are formally embedded within an arts or cultural organization
● 2018/19 Fellowship stipend of $7,500
Attend an info session to learn more about the fellowship and Urban Arts Leadership history. The workshop will run for about an hour with opportunities for questions with the head of the program, Kibibi Ajanku. Workshops are free to attend. RSVP here for any info sessions listed below.
Recruitment for UAL Cohort '19 has ended. There are currently no info sessions scheduled.
To be eligible for the Fellowship, applicants must be:
● A resident of Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, or Howard County at the time of application and throughout the duration of the program
● A U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
● A recent college graduate (within five years), or validated equivalent thereof
● Has demonstrated and assumed a leadership role in an arts-related endeavor
● Has a demonstrated affinity to the arts sector
● Is interested in increasing the participation of groups that have been historically underrepresented, particularly those of color, in the management of cultural and artistic organizations
● Can commit to the entire ten-month fellowship timeline of the Urban Arts Leadership
● Can commit to at least 20 hours a week (including weekend meetings) for the duration of the program
A completed application consists of:
● Applicant Information
● Application Narrative
● Two Letters of Recommendation
Download the guidelines for complete details on how to prepare for your application
The UALP fellowship has a $25 application fee
If you are a current GBCA member, email [email protected] to request the members' application link which allows you to apply without paying the $25 application fee.
If you are not a current member of the GBCA, the $25 dollar application fee will include a one-year membership to the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance
Contact GBCA if you have questions about application requirements, submission policies, deadlines, or other administrative issues.
Contact Kibibi Ajanku: [email protected] or 410-230-0200.