Fells Point Corner Theatre is seeking original 10-minute plays by Baltimore area playwrights for our critically acclaimed play festival 10x10x10. The 10x10x10 play festival has turned into a staple of local theatre in Baltimore, selling out nearly every performance for the last two year.
As is tradition with our 10x10x10 festival, we will collect audience votes at the end of each performance. The top play, by the accumulation of votes, will be awarded an Audience Selection Award in the form of a cash prize of $150. That’s 10 TIMES the price of admission! Second and third place finishers will also receive a cash prize award. See festival rules and guidelines below for more information.
The 10x10x10 festival will open on Friday, March 31st and run through Sunday, April 16th. They will be performed in our Godfrey Stage on the first floor. Performances will be held on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings @ 8:00pm and Sunday afternoons at 2:00pm. General admission tickets will be sold for $15 for all performances.
SUBMISSION RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Scripts should be submitted via email between September 24th, 2017 and January 7th, 2018 to [email protected]. Scripts must be attached as a PDF.
- Playwrights located in or around the Baltimore area are eligible for production. Playwrights who no longer reside in Baltimore but were once Baltimore-based artists may also submit. We encourage those playwrights who are selected to engage with us during the rehearsal process.
- Writers can submit a maximum of two plays.
- The body of the email should contain the playwright’s first and last name, address, and a primary phone number. Please also attach a character list, as well as the genders and ages of characters if the script calls for them. The play should be included as an attachment, preferably a .pdf or .doc, with the playwright’s name and contact information removed from the actual script (blind submission).
- Submissions should be no more than 1700 words in length. If your play is longer than that we will read it but you may be asked to provide a shortened version. Whether or not you want to provide a shortened script will be completely up to you.
- No child actors will be cast.
- Scripts must have relatively simple demands for stage, costume, props or other design requirements. No script may have more than six characters.
- Scripts must represent completely original works. We are looking for NEW plays. Please do not submit anything that has previously been produced. No adaptations or transcriptions.
- Audience votes will be tallied and cash prizes will be given out on the final Sunday of the festival. 1st Place - $150.00 2nd Place - $100.00 and 3rd Place - $50.00.
DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS 11:59 PM Sunday, January 7th, 2018.