APPLY TO THIS CALL
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (Fort Works Art Juried Photography Show): $35.00
Fort Works Art is pleased to announce an open call for submissions for Life In Analog: A Juried Film Photography Exhibition. The competition includes eligibility for 2D film photography artwork . Video and installation work will not be accepted. The exhibition will be open October 17th through November 3rd with an opening reception on the evening of October 19th. Due date for entries is September 23rd. Contemporary photography works that follow the requirements detailed in the prospectus are accepted. There will be a $500 cash prize for Best in Show.
For more information, contact the gallery, [email protected]
PROSPECTUS – FORT WORKS ART JURIED EXHIBITION
October 17th – November 3
September 23, 2018
Due Date / Deadline for online submissions – September 23
Juror Deliberation – September 24 - October 1
Notification of Acceptance – October 2nd (By email and on the Café site)
Shipping/Receiving – October 2 – October 13 (Shipping information will be shared with accepted artists with notification of acceptance email)
Hand Delivery Drop Off - October 9th – October 13 (During Fort Works Art open hours, Tues - Fri 11-5pm and Sat 10-6pm)
Exhibition on Display– October 17 – November 3rd
Opening Reception – October 17, 6:00 to 9:00pm
Shipped Return – November 6 – November 10
Hand Delivery Pickup – November 6 – November 10
Eligibility & Mediums
- Open to artists residing in the continental USA.
- Contemporary original film photography work.
- Excludes video work
- Excludes digital work
- All work must be original (no reproductions), produced within the last two years and not previously shown at Fort Works Art. Price of work should include 50% commission to gallery.
- The digital image of the piece submitted must be the piece delivered to Fort Works Art if selected by the jury. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please see CaFe for digital file requirements
Entry Fee and Prize Information
$35 for three images.
Best in Show - $500 prize
- Price of work should include 50% commission to gallery.
- All pieces will be for sale at Fort Works Art. The gallery will retain 50% commission on any work sold.
Insurance & Liability
- Work will be insured at Fort Works Art but not in transit.
- The gallery will not assume responsibility for work improperly framed or poorly packaged for shipping.
- Images of accepted work may be used for promotional purposes and featured in an exhibition catalogue.
Shipping/ Installation Requirements
- Artists are responsible for shipping work to and from gallery.
- Artwork must be received by October 13th.
- Artwork must include a return shipping label. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Your work of art should be ready to install, and should have hardware installed that will allow for immediate installation by the gallery with no adjustments to the pieces necessary. NO EXCEPTIONS — ARTWORK MUST HAVE HARDWARE INSTALLED FOR IMMEDIATE INSTALLATION.
- E-mail Fort Works Art — [email protected]