Free State at the Peale, the first annual art exhibit to benefit the restoration and reopening of The Peale Museum as the Peale Center for Baltimore History and Architecture, will be held at the Carroll Mansion the month of November 2014. All entries are due by September 1, 2014.
Click here to view the official announcement!
- Artworks must have a subject easily related to the Maryland experience
- Two-dimensional works should be no larger than 36″ x 60″, completely dry, professionally framed and wired for hanging
- Three-dimensional work must be tabletop scale and easily movable by one person. Work must be mounted on a professionally acceptable stand and/or base
- Indoor and outdoor sculpture may be submitted
- Art must have a label attached to the back of the work stating title, name of artist, medium and price at time of delivery
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING DIGITAL PHOTOS
- Artists may submit electronically up to five (5) digital photographs of their work for consideration to [email protected]. Images should be high quality JPEGs no larger than 2 megabytes.
- Artists should provide their name and contact information plus title, medium, approx. dimensions, and price for each piece submitted.
DATES TO REMEMBER
September 1, 2014
Artists submit digital images of their work for consideration, plus resume and/or artist’s bio
September 15, 2014
Jurors notify artists electronically if their work is accepted
October 27 and 28, 2014
Artworks delivered to the Carroll Mansion, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
November 1, 2014
Free State at the Peale exhibit opening, 6:30–9:30 p.m. (First hour VIP reception for donors)
December 1 and 2, 2014
Artists remove unsold artworks from the Carroll Mansion
The Carroll Mansion and the Peale Center will share 40% of the money received from the sale of artworks. Proceeds from Free State at the Peale will be used to restore and reopen the Peale Museum as The Peale Center for Baltimore History and Architecture. (The Carroll Mansion and the Peale Center may use accepted images for promotional purposes.)
Click here to download the official submission guidelines PDF