We will be accepting applications from September 1-30, 2015. Preregister to receive a reminder when the application period officially begins:
The fund will consider proposals from professional artists who have secured tangible prospects for advancing their careers but lack the financial resources to capitalize on these opportunities. Examples of activities covered include (but are not limited to): mounting or casting pieces; creating marketing materials; shipping work to a gallery, museum, or private collection; and, transportation costs to attend one’s own exhibition.
The fund does not support performance, literary, or commercial work.
- Two $5,000 grants (no fiscal sponsorship required)
- Applications accepted from September 1st through the 30th, 2015
- Two winners and five finalists will be announced in November 2015
Who Should Apply?
Professional painters, sculptors, and artists working on paper who:
- Employ traditional media, NOT including photography, film, or video
- Have had their work published and/or exhibited professionally
- Are pursuing specific opportunities or projects for which support from the fund would make a substantive difference
- Artist Statement
- Request for support, including a detailed proposal and images, if available
- Examples of previous work
- Itemized budget
- Supporting materials, if relevant (e.g., letter of intent from a gallery, commission statement, referrals, references, etc.).
A panel of judges will review the proposals of qualified applicants, and advise on specific grants to be made during each cycle. Our panel, which is composed of visual artists representing a wide array of backgrounds, will serve two-year terms that are staggered. Panelists may serve multiple terms.
Preregister to receive a reminder when the application period officially begins: