Field Projects is pleased to announce our 2015 Open Call! Emerging and mid-career artists are invited to submit their work for consideration in our November 2015 exhibition: Show #28. All submissions will be considered by our Guest Curator Lauren Haynes for Show #28 and the accompanying online show. Simultaneously, Field Projects Panel will be considering the submissions for future group and solo shows. Check out our last Open Call curated by Olivia Smith : DEAR YOU and a few solo shows found through the open call: NEVERMORE, HOMUNCULUS.
Field Projects is an NYC-based project space located in the heart of Chelsea’s gallery district. As an artist run space, we are committed to opening the field of exhibition opportunities to other working artists. Whether you have submitted to Field Projects before or it’s your first time, we would love to see your work!
About the Curator
Lauren Haynes is Associate Curator, Permanent Collection at The Studio Museum in Harlem.
While at the Studio Museum, she has organized and co-organized exhibitions including Stanley Whitney: Dance the Orange (2015); Speaking of People : Ebony, Jet and Contemporary Art (2014 -15); Carrie Mae Weems : The Museum Series (2014); Fred Wilson: Local Color (2013); Fore (2012); Gordon Parks : A Harlem Family 1967 (2012); The Bearden Project (2011-12); and Spiral : Perspectives on an African American Art Collective(2011). From 2010-2014, Haynes coordinated the Museum’s Artist in Residence program. Prior to joining the Studio Museum as a curatorial assistant in 2006, Haynes was a departmental assistant at the Brooklyn Museum. She holds a B.A. in Art History from Oberlin College.
Field Projects Panel
Karl Erickson (Independent Curator / Resident Artist), Blair Murphy (Independent Curator), Rachel Frank (Artist), Jacob Rhodes (FP Director)
Eligibility & Terms
- Artists working in all medium are welcome to apply.
- All artwork submitted must be ready to hang or install.
- Artist living outside NYC are also welcome to apply, however you will be responsible for artwork shipping costs.
- Artists working in new media, film, or video – you may be required to use your own equipment for exhibitions.
- Artists may submit up to 5 works.
Submission Fee : $25
Deadline : Friday, September 25th, 11:59 PM !!!
About Show #28
- The theme of the show will come from the work submitted.
- Selected artists will be notified the third week of October.
- All artwork must arrive at Field Projects by Friday, October 30th.
- Show #28 opens on Thursday, November 5th.
- All artwork in Show #28 will be for sale, with artists receiving 50% of final sale.
How to Apply
- Please visit our Submittable page by clicking on the SUBMIT button below !!!
- Create a user account. It’s free and you can revisit the site to put finishing touches on your submission. It is confidential and your information will not be shared.
- Upload your Artist Statement, CV, and up to 5 images of your work.