Ends on April 2, 2018
School 33 Art Center is now accepting proposals for 2018-2019 exhibitions in our 165 sq ft Project Space. Exhibitions will be approximately 6-8 weeks long and correspond with the exhibit dates of our Main and Members Galleries.
This application is free of charge and open to all. The application deadline is Monday night, April 2, 2018, at 11:59pm.
With the Project Space, School 33 Art Center is committed to providing opportunities for artists working in multiple forms of visual media to present intimate bodies of work, or to realize experimental installations for which they may not otherwise have the support. We are open to video projections, sculptural installations, and / or any other ideas for which this would be an ideal space. The interior of the Project Space can be fully altered by the artist (if so desired), including painting walls, ceilings, and floors, lighting, or building structures within. Stipends or reimbursements for non-transferable expenses such as building materials, paint, hauling / shipping, etc. may be offered by School 33 on a case by case basis. Applicants must be available to fully execute installation and deinstallation. Chosen artists will have an option to present programming relating to their work, such as an artist talk or workshop.
1. 5-10 jpeg images of recent work. Image files should be titled exactly as follows: last name_first name_and number corresponding to the image description sheet. Images should be sized at 72 dpi, not to exceed 5MB. If submitting video, combined files should not exceed 10 minutes. See application for accepted formats.
2. Image description sheet (title, medium, dimensions, year created)
3. CV (artist resume) with complete contact information (name, address, email address, website, and phone number/s) saved as a .DOC or .PDF.
4. Current artist statement, saved as a .DOC or PDF.
5. A .PDF including a detailed written description of your project, along with a drawing or mockup of your project as it will appear in the space. Images of research for your idea, or references to specific past works can be included as well. A floorpan of the space can be downloaded here. Proposals should also include needs such as hardware, pedestals, and / or tech. Please include the possibility for completion of the work by each of the following dates: September 7, 2018, October 19, 2018, December 7, 2018, & Feb 8, 2019. Each artist chosen will have approximately one week to install their work in the Project Space.
Artists will be notified of the results by Friday, April 27, 2018
Late entries or works not conforming to these guidelines will not be reviewed.If you have questions, please contact: Melissa Webb, Exhibitions Manager, School 33 Art Center & Baltimore Office of Promotion & the Arts- [email protected] or 443-263-4352.
Please do not apply if you have had a solo exhibit at School 33 or other BOPA run spaces- Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower Gallery and Top of the World Gallery at The World Trade Center- within the last three years. If you are interested in becoming a member of School 33, or wish to renew your membership, please visit http://school33.org/index.cfm?page=support or call 443-263-4350.
View the Call HERE