Please apply by 10/28/16
15hrs/week @ $20/hour Starting mid November
- Assist youth, ages 14-20 at the BYA Community Studio with individual and collaborative projects
- Lead one-two classes/week at the BYA Community Studio
- Assist Executive Director in documenting and inputing attendance records
- Assist in passing out snacks and serving dinner to BYA Youth, Mondays-Thursdays
- Assist in the documentation of student work
- Attend weekly staff meetings and bi-monthly best practices trainings
- Work with BYA staff to develop field trips and invite guest artists to speak to BYA youth
- Uphold BYA's values
- Assist in maintaining the BYA Community Studio by ensuring that youth have access to supplies and that the work space is organized
- Current creative practice related to job
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Well versed in drawing and painting
- Knowledge of screenprinting a plus
- Prior experience teaching or working with teenagers/young adults (minimum of 6 months)
- Patience, flexibility, and a good sense of humor!
**All BYA staff, instructors and volunteers must be willing to have a criminal background check performed before engaging with youth.
Baltimore Youth Arts is an artist-run, after school program that provides artistic and professional opportunities to youth, ages 12-19, in Baltimore, MD. Our mission is to assist young people in gaining the creative, personal, and educational skills that will enable them to become leaders in their communities.
Email [email protected] with any questions