The Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA) nurtures and promotes a vibrant, diverse, and sustainable arts and cultural community, essential to the region’s quality of life. GBCA supports the needs of more than 400 members from the Baltimore region (Baltimore City and the five surrounding counties) including arts, culture, history, and heritage organizations, as well as individual artists. GBCA requires a strong infrastructure to steward its members and to manage programs and initiatives.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper will organize and coordinate office administration, support the executive director and Board, and provide bookkeeping services. The successful candidate will ensure organizational effectiveness, as well as compliance with financial requirements, efficiency and safety.
They will have experience in handling a wide range of administrative, financial, and executive support related tasks. In addition, this position is accountable for the day to day financial and accounting activities. This includes managing accounts payable and receivable, payroll and data entry into QuickBooks and working with the Finance Director and payroll vendor. Additionally, they should be able to work independently as an administration manager with little or no supervision. This administrator must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy administrative systems, and challenges.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational ability and a desire to work in a fast-paced, creative environment in close contact with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, development and membership staff, and leadership volunteers are required. The position reports to the Executive Director.
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties including:
- Manage approvals for and record all sick, personal, and vacation days
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for the Executive Director
- Working with the Executive Director, manage all communications with the Board of Directors including Board, Executive Committee, and Finance Committee meetings and minutes
- Update Employee Handbook and provide orientation for new employees
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord
- Provide general support to visitors
- Record all customer, donor, and membership invoices in QuickBooks
- Record all fundraising income in QuickBooks
- Prepare bank deposits
- Prepare all charge slips and deposit
- Track all receivables
- Send out monthly statements to delinquent accounts
- Prepare all fee for service invoices for Culture Fly, UALP
- Code, enter and pay all bills
- Maintain records for all bank accounts- general operating, Haragan, and Founder’s Fund
- Order checks for operating account
- Post monthly interest
- Record all payments
- Prepare, record, and mail checks
- Prepare and mail 1099’s at year end
Shared Responsibilities with Finance Director
- Ensure that GBCA is in compliance with all local, state, and federal licensing and reporting requirements.
- Prepare for monthly close and bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly and year-end reports
- Support staff in annual budgeting
- Provide documentation and reports to insurance providers Work with Payroll processing vendor to ensure accuracy
- Support the management and tracking of restricted grants
- Prepare financial portion of grant proposals
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Collaborate with all staff to assist with special events like Artscape, Happy Hours and Brown Bag/Talk Back Sessions.
- Collaborate with all staff to assist with answering the phone
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, bookkeeping, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Quickbooks. Salesforce CRM is a plus
Education: Associates Degree
Job Categories: Exempt full-time regular/full year with benefits
GBCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting equity and inclusion within its own organization and throughout the cultural sector.
Candidates should submit resumes and cover letter that explains their interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.