The Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA) nurtures and promotes a vibrant, diverse, and sustainable arts and cultural community, essential to the region’s quality of life. GBCA supports the needs of more than 400 members from the Baltimore region (Baltimore City and the five surrounding counties) including arts, culture, history, and heritage organizations, as well as individual artists. GBCA requires a strong infrastructure to steward its members and to develop new programs and initiatives.
GBCA’s Development and Membership Assistant will play an important role in the growth and cultivation of donors and members. He or she will work closely with the Development and Membership Manager to design and implement strategies to support, recruit, and retain donors and organizational and individual members. Administrative responsibilities include facilitating timely new and renewal campaigns, maintaining accurate records, and addressing donor/member inquiries. This position is also responsible for designing and managing events and relationships associated with GBCA’s Artscape Culture Tent, Baltimore Tourism Alliance events, and fairs such as the Baltimore Family Reunion Expo.
The position reports to the Development and Membership Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data entry into the Salesforce database
- Providing logistical support in planning and executing donor/membership events and programs;
- Generating donor/membership appeals, acknowledgments, and renewal reminders;
- Preparing timely donor/member communications;
- Maintaining accurate donor/membership records electronically and through paper filing;
- Providing support to for all development operations;
- Handling other duties as assigned and necessary in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization.
- Appreciation for the role and impact of arts and culture in the region
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher in a Mac environment. Knowledge of donor software such as Salesforce or a similar Blackbaud-based system.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, anticipate needs, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
- Ability to build rapport with staff, board members, donors, artists, volunteers, and the public-at-large. Customer service orientation.
- Commitment to the mission of GBCA.
- Ability to build rapport with the board of directors, program participants, members, donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy and discretion, and customer-service orientation.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Education: B.A. or arts-based employment experience
Job Categories: Exempt full-time regular/full year with benefits
GBCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer