Project Consultant, Arts in Sacred Places
PARTNERS FOR SACRED PLACES
Partners for Sacred Places is the only non-sectarian, non-profit organization devoted to helping congregations and their communities sustain and actively use older and historic sacred places. Founded in 1989, Partners has offices in Philadelphia, Chicago, and Fort Worth.
Making Homes for the Arts in Sacred Places (AiSP) is one of Partners’ fastest growing programs. AiSP develops mutually-beneficial space sharing relationships between artists in need of space and historic houses of worship with space to spare. The mission of the program is to build bridges between artists and congregations, spark new collaborations, and develop cross-cultural exchanges of passion, imagination, and creativity. Partners seeks a part-time hourly consultant for 10-15 hours/week starting September 2017 through Summer 2018 to assist in completing specific AiSP tasks in Baltimore as outlined below.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for general inquiries on and communications for Arts in Sacred Places (AiSP) Baltimore.
- Report directly to the National Director of Arts in Sacred Places.
- Report indirectly to lead staff a the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance
- Work with the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance artistic connections
- Perform any administrative tasks associated with completion of AiSP work in Baltimore.
Inventorying & Interviewing
Space Sharing Agreement Facilitation
- Research and connect with local legal firms interested in providing pro bono services to AiSP
- Research and advise on potential “matches” –among existing participants in the program.
- Assist the Director of Arts in Sacred Places to identify artists and faith leaders who: (1) Their space need/space availability, (2) Their timeline and geographic priorities, (3) Their budget, and (4) What they are looking for in a space-sharing partner
- Analyze needs and wants from arts and congregational perspectives to create best potential matches.
- Assist the Director of Arts in Sacred Places in facilitating discussions on space-sharing agreements.
- Qualified applicants must have:
- At least 3 years experience in the arts in the Baltimore area
- At least 3 years as an administrative professional.
- Willingness to learn more about congregational structures/challenges
- Knowledge of nonprofit organizational structures and operations.
- Flexibility to work independently, as well as a member of a team
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Partners for Sacred Places
- Other desirable qualities include:
- Clear and effective communication skills (public speaking, discussion facilitation)
- Experience in teaching or training to groups
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and multi-task
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]