[Handel Choir is no longer accepting applications for this position]
Handel Choir of Baltimore is a highly respected 40+-member auditioned community-based oratorio ensemble which presents baroque, classical and early romantic works with period instrument orchestras, as well as modern repertoire and newly commissioned works. Handel Choir has an 82-year history in the Baltimore cultural landscape.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications: master's degree or doctorate in music, preferably in choral conducting; three years or more experience conducting college/university or community vocal ensembles; extensive orchestral experience within major choral-orchestral repertoire; evidence of excellent understanding of vocal technique and diction.
Primary responsibilities of the Artistic Director and Conductor include:
• Providing overall artistic leadership for Handel Choir
• Overseeing all artistic aspects including choice of repertoire
• Preparing for and conducting rehearsals and concerts; coaches guest artists and soloists
• Auditioning and selecting new chorus members and re-auditioning current members
• Auditioning, selecting and contracting artistic personnel including orchestra contractor, guest vocal soloists and quartet of professional choristers
• Serving as the primary artistic spokesperson for the organization, representing Handel Choir in media appearances, and participating in community activities that further the positive reputation of the organization
• Working collaboratively with the Managing Director
• Working collaboratively with the Board of Trustees to support organizational activities including, but not limited to, collaboration with the Board artistic committee and on selected Board initiatives.
Click here for the full position description.
Click here for more information about Handel Choir of Baltimore.
Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with experience. This is a part-time position.