The Arts of Africa, the Americas, Asia, and the Pacific Islands (AAAPI) Department is seeking a Summer Intern to assist with departmental projects. This position is largely research-focused. The Intern will work on the BMA's digital database, The Museum System (TMS), to catalog artworks, update object records, and enter notes from scholarly consultant reports. They will have the chance to develop their connoisseurship of non-western art and work hands-on with a one of the country's best collections of African art.
- The Intern must commit to working 30hrs/week for 2 months
- Begin in June 2018 (flexible)
- Must be available to work onsite
- Must be available during standard business hours (Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM)
- Must be a current graduate student studying the historic art and material culture of the non-west (please note that Undergraduate students will not be considered)
A stipend of up to $1000/month is available.
The Baltimore Museum of Art
AAAPI Curatorial Internship
Job Submission Requirements:
Cover Letter/Statement of Interest,
Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable),
List of 3 references (Letter of Recommendation is not necessary),
Please e-mail your materials to: [email protected]
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MARCH 1ST, 2018.