The Baltimore Museum of Art (BMA) seeks an experienced Landscape Manager to oversee the daily operations, planting, overall grounds maintenance, snow removal for the museum grounds and the consistent evaluation of the Museum grounds’ health. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Director of Operations & Capital Planning.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage the landscape team including outside contractors.
· Manage physical landscaping hands-on.
· Develop and manage departmental budget.
· Solicit bids and manage contractual services for snow removal, pest management, lawn treatment, fertilizers, pesticides, tree services, irrigation and various landscape installations.
· Provide inventory control for equipment and material.
· Maintenance of landscaping equipment.
· Provide ongoing inspection and tests for the plants and soil to ensure healthy landscape.
· Coordinates and communicates the activities of contractors, vendors and other activities with internal and external constituencies.
· Work in collaboration with the Landscape Artist in Residence.
Baltimore Museum of Art
Job Submission Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Horticulture or Agriculture or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum of 5 year’s Landscape Management experience
• Demonstrable knowledge of plant materials, disease controls and irrigation systems
• Knowledge of fertilizers, pesticides and soil chemistry
• Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills.
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience using hand tools, power tools and gas powered equipment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including during inclement weather events
• Ability to lift/transport heavy to moderately heavy objects
The BMA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For this exempt position we offer medical, dental, vision, prescription, 403b retirement plan, long term disability, flexible spending account, museum and restaurant discounts, and reduced fee gym membership. We also offer accrued vacation, holidays, personal days, floating holidays, and sick days.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected]
with “Landscape Manager” and your first and last name in the subject line.
Incomplete application materials will not be considered.
No phone calls please.