Baltimore Shakespeare Factory (BSF), located in the vibrant arts district of Hampden in Baltimore city, is seeking a full time Managing Director. BSF, which opened in 2006, is a company dedicated to bringing to life the works of William Shakespeare and his contemporaries by using the staging conditions of early modern English stage.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong desire to lead a young, fast-growing theatre company, and take it to new levels of artistic and professional achievement. Prior experience with a theatre company is highly desirable.
- Have experience working with a non-profit or for-profit company in a leadership role, and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability for BSF’s ultimate success.
- Be a self-starting, highly motivated individual able to establish ambitious yet achievable goals and execute plans for achieving those goals.
- Have experience in fund-raising, board relations, and marketing.
- Have strong business skills and experience in budgeting, setting financial goals, and financial management.
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to lead, manage, motivate, inspire, train, and collaborate with staff, artists, boards, and volunteers.
- Know how to run an effective, efficient office, including record-keeping.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, as well as the ability to work independently in an environment where unpredictable and variable work is the norm.
- Be able to communicate effectively in any setting, serving as a spokesperson for BSF in public and to the media.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in implementing fundraising campaigns and identifying new sources of financial support for BSF’s artistic and educational mission.
Other job related information:
· This is a full time position.
· Two weeks (10 work days) paid vacation.
- BSF assumes Managing Director attendance to all necessary duties on a daily basis, except during pre-negotiated vacation days. Weekly hours and on-site presence can be flexible, so long as it is compatible with the needs of the company, its productions, and its educational programs.