Program Coordinator Start Date: Immediately Location: Baltimore, MD
In our 40th year, a busy year awaits the partnership between the Baltimore Talent Education Center and the Bridges program as they form one of the largest community music schools in Baltimore. We seek a Program Coordinator to support the director and teachers in their efforts at several locations for after-school programming throughout the City. Our students arrive from a variety of backgrounds, and excel at multiple levels in beginner, intermediate and advanced studies in string instruments. The successful candidate will have a strong background in music education (preferably strings) and must be highly organized, able to work with a diverse group of people (students, parents, teachers, site staff, etc.), and be comfortable with technology, and be a self-starter open to change. The hours will be primarily mid-afternoon to early evening during the week and Sunday afternoons during the school year with more flexible hours in the summer months.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• With supervision by the Executive Director, and to support all teachers, will have primary responsibility for supporting each site at a City School or community center with management of instruments, materials, and other materials as needed.
• Participate in the support of Sundays Orchestral Rehearsals, if available.
• Observe classes and provide feedback and reviews.
• Coordinate outreach efforts for registration, performances and other activities to elicit participation of community resources.
• In concert with Board and Executive Director, expand online aspects of communication: parent newsletters, website, email blasts.
• Organize all student recruiting, maintain all student databases and have responsibility for general communication with families and communities.
• Maintain instrument inventory: instruments transport to and from sites as needed, handling minor repairs, and coordinating with repair person as needed for major repairs.
Skills and Abilities
• Interest in the goal to increase access in excellence-based music instruction for students in Baltimore City.
• Ability to work successfully with diversity of several schools, students, and families.
• Background in music, to include studies on string instrument (preferred, not required), composition, education.
• Self-motivated with entrepreneurial outlook.
Hours & Compensation
• Pay is $22/hour. Independent Contractor.
• This is a part-time position, up to 20 hours/week. Hours can be variable, but generally fall during the after-school hours, 3PM-7PM.
• Must have car, as our sites are throughout the City.
• Due to the varying nature of the schedule, the time required is variable. Most of the time, BTEC/Bridges can be quite flexible as to when the work is done, as long as deadlines are met.
Send cover letter, resume and references to Kelly Powers at [email protected] immediately. BTEC and Bridges are both equal opportunity employers.