Youth in Business (YiB) is a program at Jubilee Arts that cultivates the entrepreneurial leadership skills of high school aged youth by providing hands on experience operating an art-based business. Through the Youth in Business design collective, youth learn how to run a successful business as a team, selling high quality art products achieving cooperative financial sustainability for youth business owners. Youth are supported in leadership development within the program in addition to career and higher education planning support to provide youth long term economic independence.
We are looking for a talented content creator to write and produce various types of downloadable content, to expand Youth in Business’s digital footprint, awareness and subscribers. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, project management skills and willingness to work with youth leaders. The ultimate goal is to increase YiB digital presence to drive online sales and revenue for our youth salaries.
● Working off our new marketing strategy, ideal candidate will contribute with ideas and objectives to help grow our digital subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that promotes YiB.
● Collaborate with youth designers, sales committee, and external influencers to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
● Create graphic design collateral to help advertise products and services in digital and print
● Recommend and maintain website updates.
● Writing email newsletters.
● Reach out to social media influencers for promotional opportunities.
● Experience in video is a plus.
● Work with youth leaders to generate content, share updates and teach youth marketing strategy so they can be involved in the process in running their business.
● BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications or equivalent working experience.
● Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge including analytics (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
● Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
● Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign).
● Ability to work with and guide youth leaders to achieve marketing and sales goals.
● Work can be remote with exceptions of in-person weekly check-ins and period youth class time in the evenings.
● Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO), keyword analysis, etc.
● Knowledge of and experience in social media marketing (SMM) including : blogging, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and more
● Strong analytical and reporting skills
Job is contract position, ASAP- August 2019 with potential to stay on pending grant funding. $15 hour/ 12 hours week.