Responsible for assisting the Associate VP of Public Affairs in public affairs and in managing development, programs and operations support for the Visit Baltimore Education and Training Foundation. Activities to include outreach, programs, events and meetings; and support and advocacy efforts. We’re looking for candidates with a positive, team-oriented mindset, with the proven ability to thrive in a matrixed organization that fosters a fast-paced, results-based work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Development and Foundation
- Lead Foundation database CRM management (a Blackbaud product) including gift entry and processing, contact maintenance, query lists, reporting, and reconciliation with Finance;
- Serves as a fundraising officer contributing to the Foundation’s annual fundraising goals (~$100K) by:
- Developing and implementing the Foundation’s annual communications plan including board/donor/prospect/partner communications (from solicitation to acknowledgment), identifying new opportunities for automated and streamlined processes and systems; and,
- Coordinating special fundraising events (silent auctions to signature fundraising dinner);
- Administers the Foundation’s core scholarship and grant-making programs including publication, applicant review and grantee tracking;
- Programmatic emphasis on developing the Foundation’s role as a convener/industry expert in Workforce Development;
- Devises mechanisms for evaluating the Foundation’s impact so as to inform future programming;
- Supports the AVP of Public Affairs in outreach to/communications with the Board (including maintenance of Boardpaq), as well as with educational, civic, non-profit and other partner institutions to enhance the Foundation’s visibility and operations;
- Serves as a liaison for the Foundation with internal Visit Baltimore departments to identify opportunities for collaboration, including but not limited to Membership and Marketing; and,
- Works closely with the Community Engagement Manager to identify and maximize opportunities for collaboration and showcasing of Foundation programs and partners in Visit Baltimore Inc’s Community Engagement/Service plans and programs;
- Attends and supports Foundation Board of Director meetings.
- With direction from the AVP of Public Affairs, supports the execution and tracking of Visit Baltimore’s advocacy efforts, legislative agendas and outreach with City Council, Mayor’s Office and the Maryland General Assembly in Annapolis through tasks including but not limited to written/verbal/email communications (including producing bi-monthly Headlines eblast), presentations, testimony and petition preparation, legislative research, meetings coordination, event logistics, etc.;
- Manages Visit Baltimore’s Advocacy Center, including becoming a proficient user of VoterVoice or similar grassroots systems;
- Provides administrative support work for the operations of the Tourism Improvement District (establishment, operations and renewal); and,
- Coordinates the Advocacy Committee of the Strategic Pillar Working Group of Visit Baltimore.
- Assists with the organization and implementation of elected-facing and Foundation-related events and activities including but not limited to National Tourism Week and Tourism Day in Annapolis; and,
- Any other duties assigned by the Associate VP of Public Affairs
Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in nonprofit management (experience in event or individual fundraising strongly preferred, knowledge of workforce development or scholarship programs desired), public policy or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Exceptional relationship management, verbal and written communication skills. Strong logistical, planning and organization skills. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Content Management Systems (CMS) required, Experience working with Blackbaud Raisers Edge or similar product(s) preferred. Positive attitude, dependability and professionalism are a must. Flexible work schedule with ability to work occasional evening and/or weekend events as needed.