The Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA) is seeking a part-time 10-month Marketing and Content Associate, beginning immediately, to work with the Communications Manager on GBCA’s institutional marketing, external communications, as well as its audience development programs.
The Marketing and Content Associate will assist in the development and implementation of marketing strategies for GBCA, as well the ongoing operations and growth of the Culture Fly regional events calendar and the Culture Flyer half-priced ticket program. The Marketing and Content Associate will also provide support for GBCA’s external communications, including our weekly eblast, special promotions, and social media efforts.
The Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA) is an independent and inclusive voice for the cultural sector that nurtures and promotes a vibrant, diverse, and sustainable arts and cultural community essential to the region’s quality of life. GBCA promotes, convenes, and leverages resources for the Baltimore region’s extraordinary arts, culture, history, heritage and humanities organizations as well as attractions and individual artists who are all strengthened by working together. Conceived in 1997 and incorporated in 2001, GBCA is a membership and service organization for artists and organizations in Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, and Howard counties in Maryland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide natural avenues to learn and grow and requires the ability to remain flexible and adaptable in regard to work assignments. The job provides opportunities to interact and network with arts leaders, artists and arts organizations in Baltimore City and the 5 surrounding counties. The position requires a demonstrated commitment to the mission of the GBCA and the cultural sector.
Programmatic responsibilities include:
Culture Fly and Culture Flyer - 30%
Approve user-submitted events in backend of Culture Fly
Find and enter external event listings and updating entries into Culture Fly
Coordinate, compile, and distribute weekly CultureFlyer e-blast
Work with Communications Manager on Social media strategy relating to Culture Fly, including daily posts, weekly roundups, and special editions
Member Outreach - 30%
Assist Communications Manager in the development of member outreach initiatives
Attend performances, openings, press events
Generate blog content based on cultural experiences in the city
External Communications - 40%
Coordinate production of weekly GBCA e-Newsletter
Assist with the production and distribution of special promotions
Assist with Social Media platforms
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong computer skills, specifically MS Office products and Adobe Photoshop, in a Mac environment
• Familiarity with current web technology and experience with social media. Knowledge of Drupal, Mailchimp, Google Drive, Facebook and Twitter a plus
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a broad range of individuals from GBCA’s stakeholder base
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, anticipate needs, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task
• Appreciation for the role and impact of arts and culture in the region
• General knowledge of the Baltimore region’s cultural community
= = = = = =
Education: No Requirement
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 10 hours per week. 10 month contract.
GBCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer