- Enthusiasm for the public humanities and their value in contemporary life
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and database management
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to cultivate positive and productive relationships and partnerships with a wide range of cultures, people, and organizations
- Commitment to our mission, vision, and values (see https://www.mdhumanities.org/about-us/mission-vision-values/)
- Ability to travel statewide and to work some weekends and evenings
- Event management skills preferred
This position requires some travel within the state of Maryland.
Maryland Humanities office, 108 West Centre Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Position is full-time at 35 hours per week with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and credentials (range: $30,000–$33,000).
Generous benefits package including 21 days annual paid vacation, 12 days annual paid sick leave, 12 annual paid holidays, health and life/long-term disability insurance, free parking, professional development funds, and 401(k) retirement account with employer contribution.
Program Assistant for History Programs
Job Submission Requirements:
To apply, please prepare the following materials: cover letter and résumé. Submit requested items in a single PDF file via email to [email protected]
with the subject line as “History Programs Assistant”; no phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted through March 22, 2019. Interviews with qualified candidates will be conducted from April 1-5, 2019 with an anticipated start in May 1, 2019.
Maryland Humanities is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability. Maryland Humanities will not tolerate acts deemed to constitute discrimination or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.