Motor House is seeking an experienced Bar Manager to join our team. We are an arts hub, performance venue, and events space hosting a wide range of events in central Baltimore. Our Showroom bar is an integral part of events at Motor House, and the bar staff works closely with the event staff to ensure we're creating an exceptional experience for our patrons, guests and event producers.
The Bar Manager will be responsible for:
- Serving patrons at the Showroom bar while ensuring quality customer service
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace and ensuring all opening and closing duties are performed by the staff
- Performing product inventories, maintaining product stock, preparing product orders from our distributors, receiving deliveries
- Monitoring the cash drawer throughout the shift, closing the register at the end of the night, and accurately completing closing shift reports with payroll information
- Scheduling and leading bar staff
- Perform minor adjustments to MICROS POS programming and accurately process discounts, voids, etc. at the end of shift
- Meeting regularly with Motor House Management Team to prepare for upcoming events and contribute to Motor House operational plans
- At least one year experience working as a bar manager
- Expertise with a wide variety of drink recipes
- High level of customer service
- Familiarity with MICROS POS
- Ability to coordinate with the Motor House Management Team and Motor House Event Staff
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs and work on their feet for 6+ hours
- Interest in supporting and serving Baltimore's creative community
Pay is $14-18/hr and a share in the tip pool during service.
Motor House is an equal opportunity employer and aims to reflect the diverse community we serve. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially those with a strong interest in and/or connection to the arts, music and creative communities in Baltimore.