Chesapeake Shakespeare Company seeks a Box Office/Group Sales Associate
Immediate opening. Please apply by submitting resume to [email protected]
BOX OFFICE / GROUP SALES ASSOCIATE JOB SUMMARY The Box Office/Group Sales Associate position is full-time with benefits. The Associate reports to the Audience Services Manager and is a valued member of the Marketing Department team.
The Associate will represent Chesapeake Shakespeare Company in interactions with patrons, donors, VIPs, guests, and public groups, and is responsible for all aspects of customer service. Must possess a friendly, service-oriented demeanor and ability to solve ticketing issues discreetly and professionally.
Duties include but are not limited to subscription sales, single ticket sales, exchanges, and resolving customer issues at our Baltimore mainstage and at our outdoor summer ticket tent at the Patapsco Female Institute Historic Park, Ellicott City (personal transportation is required). Must be flexible, self-starting, deadline-conscious, punctual, and trustworthy. Must be willing to work daytime, evening, and weekend hours (and some holidays) on a flexible schedule.
During performances, the Box Office/Group Sales Associate collaborates with front-of-house and stage management staff, volunteer ushers, and interns to ensure the comfort and safety of patrons at our venues. The night and weekend hours of this position make it incompatible with the schedules of most performing artists and technical crew members; in most cases, this position is not feasible as a side gig.
* Assist in the daily operations of the Box Office during day shifts and during night and weekend performances. Schedules vary.
* Process and fulfill ticket orders for patrons through all modes of sale: walk-up, phone, e-mail, web, and Box Office window. Answer customer phone calls in a professional and efficient manner and assist patrons at the window or tent with ticket purchases and will call pick up. Help increase revenue for the company by suggesting additional tickets and special offers. Become informed about our productions and house, in order to make seating and programming recommendations.
* Assist in counting out cash drawers for CSC’s Box Office and Concessions accurately and quickly, following safe cash-management procedures, after each performance.
* Duties as assigned.
GROUP SALES DUTIES
* Responsible for exceeding or meeting the annual Group Sales revenue goal by prospecting and researching organizations to generate group business, soliciting the target groups, and building business relationships and sales through networking.
* Handle the group sales process, from the initial sale through event execution, including but not limited to preparing proposals, letters of agreement, and invoices; collecting payments; collaborating with other CSC staff or departments for support; and facilitating group events in conjunction with a ticket purchase. The Associate will help coordinate any pre- and post-performance receptions, actor meet-and-greets, and other events associated with group sales.
* Manage group ticket purchases and data in both Patron Manager and Sharepoint, and provide ticket, financial and budget reports as needed.
* High level of customer service experience and strong sales experience with a record of successfully achieving sales goals. Previous box office, ticketing, group sales, call center, retail sales or management and bar experience – especially in the arts, entertainment, or hospitality fields – is desired. Demonstrate superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines.
* Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel) is required. Knowledge of the Patron Manager and Salesforce (or similar systems) is highly desirable. Knowledge of digital marketing, e-marketing and social media marketing is desired.
* Must be able to work outdoors at our ticket tent in the park, as well as in the Box Office in Baltimore (and use personal transportation to travel between). Must be able to lift and move Box Office supplies to and from the park, and inside the park. Must be available to work nights and weekends (and some holidays) on a varying schedule.
* Education level: college degree preferred.