CREATIVE MOVEMENT TEACHER
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
Reports to: Site Manager
Dates: Oct 1- June 6, 2019
Schedule: 2-4 days/week | During After School hours and 1st Mondays of month from 3 – 5PM
Sites: John Ruhrah Elementary/ Middle School (6820 Fait Ave. Baltimore, MD 21224) - preferred bilingual applicants at this site OR Tench Tilghman Elementary/Middle School (600 N. Patterson Park Ave. Baltimore, MD 21205)
Overview: Creative Alliance provides out-of-school-time programming that includes academic, artistic and cultural enrichment to students in K-8th grade in educational settings throughout the city. Students receive academic tutoring, multicultural art enrichments, homework help, and exercise. Creative Alliance partners with various community organizations and teaching artists to provide arts enrichment including theater, African drumming, Mexican dance, percussive music, cooking, video game design, basketball, and boxing.
The Creative Movement Teacher is responsible for leading physical activities that promote healthy minds and bodies. The teacher also motivates students, and instructs students in nutrition, health, and exercise.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises
- Assesses students’ abilities and their physical and emotional well-being
- Follows established procedures in the event of a student’s injury
- Models sportsmanship and maintains appropriate conduct between students
- Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Attends staff professional development meetings including first aid training
- Must have first aid kit and walkie talkies during each session
- Experience teaching Pre-K-8 physical education
- Complete background check
- Effective communication skills
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
To apply, please CLICK HERE to complete the online application and upload your resume by Sept. 9th, 2019