Go to http://www.baltimorerockopera.org/broshiring for more info and to apply.
The Baltimore Rock Opera Society (BROS) is hiring! Baltimore's community-powered, collaborative, rock n roll production company is looking for great people who can work part-time to further BROS mission of providing unforgettable experiences to audiences in Baltimore and beyond.
Applications Close September 18th. Interviews starting immediately
Positions being hired:
Community Engagement Director (click link for position description)
Salary: $5,000 annually (paid in monthly installments)
Hours: 5-7 hours/week
What to expect:
- A flexible and collaborative work environment led by Executive Director Aran Keating with lots of ability to shape your work and position
- A supportive community of volunteer leaders working under you, sharing resources, institutional knowledge and workload
- Flexible hours including the option to work many hours from home
- An exciting and fast-paced nonprofit conducive to learning new skills and growing your personal expertise in a number of fields related to our work
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Non-judgmental working environment supportive of self-expression & creativity
- Employees will have the choice of using their own laptop or using a BROS company computer
August 29th: Applications open
September 4th: Interviews Begin
September 18th: Applications Close
Community Engagement Director Responsibilities Outline
Department: Community Engagement
Title: Director of Community Engagement (aka Outreach)
The Director of Community Engagement works hand in hand with the Executive Director the Volunteer Director and the Marketing Director and engage new volunteers and new audience members in a positive BROS experience that reflects the company’s values. They are responsible for introducing new communities and organizations to BROS, connecting the organization to potential new partners and collaborators, and spreading the word about upcoming opportunities to recruit volunteers.
The director is in charge of community engagement and recruitment for the organization including efforts to diversify the BROS volunteer base and uphold BROS values of inclusion. The director’s primary responsibility is to educate new audiences about BROS and develop relationships with community partners. The director must actively recruit artists and volunteers from communities of color in Baltimore, ensuring that Baltimore’s minority communities have access to BROS programs and resources, and are culturally represented in the organization’s artistic makeup.
It is expected that the Director of Community Engagement will work directly with other staff members to meet their goals.
- Engages organizations and communities to grow and diversify BROS volunteer base with a particular focus on creating meaningful and productive partnerships in underserved parts of Baltimore City and communities of color
- Visits area colleges and attends college recruitment events to attract emerging artists to opportunities within BROS
- Is the primary person responsible for making sure that BROS is recruiting new volunteers and motivating current and former volunteers to stay involved in the BROS production process
- Plans and executes recruitment meetings for upcoming production processes, working directly with Production Director, Volunteer Director and other staff members to plan and execute these events successfully
- Develops new strategies for building relationships for community partners, and spearheads efforts for actively implementing new relationships
- Documents engagement initiatives and creates reports on the successes and areas to improve
- Works with the Volunteer Director to ensure the smooth onboarding and continued success of volunteers who they have helped to get involved in BROS.
- Works with the Marketing Director to grow BROS audience base and provide recommendations for new marketing opportunities outside of the BROS normal audience and reach.
- Develops new programs for growing the BROS network including meet and greet events, speaking opportunities, skill-sharing, collaborative opportunities, offsite programming and more.
- Works with BROS Development Director for tracking metrics related to their work.
- Facilitates training opportunities and skills development workshops for new BROS volunteers, depending on the needs of the organization, by tapping current creative leaders or outside artists/professionals to teach specific skills.
- Works with Managing Director to facilitate budgets for various outreach programs, incentives & other costs related to volunteerism or outreach
- Attends regular BROS staff meetings and meets with the Executive Director regularly and as requested.