Under the direction of the house manager on duty, student ushers ensure that patrons have the best possible experience at SHCS. In addition to directing patrons to their seats, stuffing inserts in programs, and assisting to seat late patrons, ushers serve as ticket-takers, program handlers, lobby attendants, and help clean the concert hall after the performance. Most importantly, student ushers create a safe, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere for all patrons attending performances. Orientation is required for all student ushers. Compensation is $50/concert.
• Scanners: A scanner stands by the point of entry and scans tickets for admittance to the hall.
• Seaters: Seaters escort guests as to their seats. They alert the House Manager if there are any seating problems.
• Door Greeters: A door greeter welcomes patrons to the show, distributes programs, and helps direct them to the Box Office, bathrooms, etc.
• Stage Guards: A stage guards stands by the stage and ensures that no patron walks up or places an item on the stage.
• Backstage Guards: A backstage guard protects designated backstage areas and prevents audience members from entering unauthorized areas.
Ushers must be available from 3:30pm – 8:00/8:30pm for one or more of the following dates:
October 6, 2019 - Richard Goode, piano
October 20, 2019 - Jerusalem Quartet
November 10, 2019 - Alban Gerhardt, cello; Cecile Licad, piano
December 8, 2019 - American Brass Quintet
January 26, 2020 - Midori, violin; Jean-Yves Thibaudet, piano
February 23, 2020 - Lawrence Brownlee, tenor; Myra Huang, piano
March 15, 2020 - Tabea Zimmermann, viola; Javier Perianes, piano
May 3, 2020 - Inon Barnatan, piano
(All concerts start at 5:30pm.)