The Walters Art Museum, located in the historic Mount Vernon district in Baltimore, offers challenging and creative work opportunities by promoting collaboration and teamwork. Our mission is to bring art and people together for enjoyment, discovery, and learning. We promote and model a culture that celebrates the diversity and inclusion of all our staff, visitors, and members.
This position will provide oversight of the donor database and related fundraising software by ensuring data integrity and providing leadership on the effective use of the software to others in the department. This person is responsible for managing all aspects of the donor database, including gift entry. Through accurate and effective management of donor information and relationships, they will maximize the fundraising and marketing potential of the museum’s development efforts. The successful candidate will ensure an exemplary level of data integrity in Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge donor database, including maintenance, user accounts, global changes, gift entry, records, reporting, queries, and data clean-up projects to provide current, consistent, and accurate data.
- Manage user accounts and permissions in Raisers Edge and other databases in coordination with the IT department.
- Input and update constituent data, providing detailed reporting and constructing complex queries, exports, and reports for use in mailings, data analysis, prospect analysis and appeal/campaign analysis
- Oversee all aspects of gift entry, including online, recurring gift processing, direct mail, stock and wire transfers, white mail, in-kind gifts and bequests
- Conduct regular and timely reconciliation with Finance Department
- Coordinate, maintain and troubleshoot activity related to the RE database, including daily gift entry, pledge tracking, special events activity, campaigns and funds – including ongoing quality control of database information
- Generate letters for Individual and Institutional Giving
- Develop and deliver clear and accurate reporting and tracking vehicles and instructions for reports, dashboards, and data extracts
- Run regular reports on donor retention, renewal, revenue, appeal results, etc.
- Coordinate record management including reports, mailings, and other needs related to all special events, appeals, and fundraisers.
Train users in the proper use of the database to increase the effectiveness of the department.
- Generate pledge reminders and donor invoices on a timely basis.
- Prepare data merges.
- Print membership cards
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting and ensure all entries conform to these procedures.
- Produce all mailing lists from Raiser’s Edge database for mailings such as invitations, newsletters, magazine, and direct mail pieces.
- Assist with moves management through proper coding of constituent records
- Occasionally conduct prospect research and/or run lists through wealth screening software.
- Process all event sponsorships, donations, and revenue for events
- Utilize the Events module to track attendees and other relevant data
- Maintain reservation lists for events
- Provide on-going and day-of assistance for donor events
- Attend and assist with special events and fundraisers to support the success of the events
- Process and track all donor gifts and pledges
- Work with Finance to reconcile gift information
- Produce mailing lists, recognition lists for donor wall and annual report
- Develop, run, and review timely donor reporting audits to ensure accurate gift entry and acknowledgment.
- Manage credit card gift processing and document steps, including changes in the organization’s credit card processing.
General Administrative Duties:
- Provide general administrative support for the department as needed