Open Minds Program Assistant
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Temporary
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Hire Dates: February 4th, 2020 to May 28th, 2020
Schedule: Tuesday & Thursday (3:00PM-5:00PM)
Site: Creative Alliance, 3134 Eastern Ave, Baltimore MD 21224
Overview: Open Minds is located at Creative Alliance and at partner host schools and libraries. Local youth in our signature Open Minds program create awe-inspiring artwork. Open Minds Art Club is a free after-school reading based art program. We teach students creative problem-solving techniques and use the arts to develop critical thinking skills. Teaching includes hands-on art projects and tours to Creative Alliance galleries. Through literature, art making, and storytelling, Open Minds participants create works of art. These projects include collage, painting, and performance. Student masterpieces are displayed in a final exhibition.
Program Assistant supports Enrichment Teacher by actively engaging students, managing the classroom, and completing daily learning objectives.
- Actively engage students at all times during the program
- Assist Enrichment Teacher
- Log attendance per student
- Clean up after snacks
- Report all incidents regarding behavior and safety protocols to supervisor
- Assist students in organizing their own supplies and cleaning up
- Clean up from the days’ activities
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s education and arts mission
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with students and teachers
- Attention to detail
- Must complete background check
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
To apply, please complete CLICK HERE to complete the online application and upload your resume