SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT), Baltimore’s premier alternative theatre company, creates socially relevant theatre as a form of civic engagement in Baltimore by producing vibrant, experiential performances in traditional and non-traditional theatre venues; building cross-sector partnerships; and facilitating empowering education programs. This includes three productions annually, one night events, a robust education program, and a variety of fundraising and community engagement events. Having recently adopted its new mission and let go of its performance space to become a site specific, more community-minded theatre company, Single Carrot Theatre is in a unique position in Baltimore to hone its path towards organizational growth through bold artistic and organizational choices focused on the city and its residents.
The Marketing & Development Director is a full-time position that will assist in the development of and implement marketing and fundraising strategy for Single Carrot Theatre. He/she/they will cooperate with the Executive Director (ED) to create and
execute a development plan that will generate upwards of $275,000 annually through grants, sponsorships, special events, and individual donors. This position will also collaborate with the ED to generate and execute programmatic marketing plans to grow revenue from ticket sales and institutional marketing, pursuing PR and media opportunities to share stories about Single Carrot programs and initiatives. The Marketing & Development Director will cultivate relationships with new and existing audiences and donors; clearly communicate Single Carrot’s goals, activities, and impact with them; and maintain or initiate communication with them through targeted marketing campaigns carried out through a mix of email, social media, fliers, postcards, and events.
SCT has a small staff of 6 people (4 artistic & program staff (1 full-time, 3 part-time) and 2 full-time administrative staff). An ensemble of artists also work to support the company’s mission. We are looking for a candidate who can both develop and implement strategy from top to bottom for a small organization.
- Design and execute a fundraising and marketing strategy and work plan to grow audience base, identify and cultivate prospects, solicit funds, and steward donors.
- Maintain and update customer relationship management system (PatronManageron SalesForce platform)
- Create and execute data-driven targeted marketing campaigns.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of all letters of inquiry, proposals, narrative and financial reports, appeals, acknowledgements, and related fundraising materials.
- Organize cultivation, fundraising, and/or stewardship events.
- Collaborate with artistic staff and ensemble members to identify funding needs and priorities and to track the impact of donors’ funds.
- Implement social media plans and maintaining all social media accounts
- Copywriting for marketing and PR materials.
- Coordinating poster and flyer distribution
- Prepare mailings for postcards and appeals.
- Prepare and present reports to staff and board of directors to assess progress, receive guidance, and elicit participation in cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Develop and manage a budget for fundraising and marketing activities.
- Website upkeep.
- Box Office support.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three years professional experience including extensive work in fundraising and/or marketing
- Background in the arts or theatre a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in social media, including paid advertising and data tracking
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CRMs such as Salesforce/PatronManager
- Knowledge and experience with Word Press
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other program for graphic design, video, and photo editing
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization and Google Ads
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000
Flexible work schedule
Generous Health Insurance package
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We invite you to include your Facebook account, Instagram handle and Twitter handle or the
handles for an organization / group account you run.