Ellicott City, Maryland non-profit dance organization Kinetics Dance Theatre seeks Artistic Director to implement its artistic vision and direct its professional modern dance company. The Artistic Director is an exempt full time position that reports to the Board of Directors and is comprised of administrative, rehearsal, and instructional components.
The ideal candidate is a proactive and passionate artist with a large body of experience spanning choreography, education, administration, and leadership who recognizes and advocates for the value of dance outreach and education within the community.
· MFA or equivalent experience in dance
· Professional performance and choreography experience with a focus in modern dance plus strong background and knowledge in ballet. Versatility in additional genres is a plus.
· Broad knowledge of arts administration and related technologies
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Adaptability and strong problem solving skills
· Strong capability and enthusiasm for working within a team environment
· Demonstrated excellence in networking and rapport-building skills
Kinetics Dance Theatre, based in Howard County, Maryland, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the development and presentation of contemporary dance as a living art form. The three-part organization houses a professional modern dance company, four outreach and performance-oriented student dance companies, and a school of contemporary dance within a five-studio facility.
$40,000 - $50,000 $50,000 - $60,000
Kinetics Dance Theatre
Job Submission Requirements:
Apply by email to Anna Aloi at [email protected]
Please include the following materials:
-Resume & cover letter to include name, phone, email, street address, relevant experience, and statement of interest
-Video samples of choreography, teaching, and/or performance
Benefits package includes 6 paid holidays in addition to generous vacation and sick leave, as well as opportunities/funds for professional development.