The Program Assistant for Grants and Community Engagement reports to the Director of Grants & Community Engagement and works in collaboration with the Grants Committee to provide program and general administrative support. The position assists the Director in developing and sustaining relationships with organizations around the state via the Regional Humanities Networks. The Program Assistant works as a thought partner in shaping the Grants program and Regional Humanities Networks with the Director of Grants and Community Engagement.
A more complete description of all duties is posted on the Maryland Humanities website at https://www.mdhumanities.org/about-us/jobs-internships/program-assistant-grants-community-engagement/
- Interest in the nonprofit sector, including trends and best practices specifically as they relate to increasing equity in grant-making
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with some database and/or application software experience preferred
- Ability to cultivate positive and productive relationships and partnerships with a wide range of cultures, people, and organizations
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to Maryland Humanities’ mission, vision, and values (see https://www.mdhumanities.org/about-us/mission-vision-values/)
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Enthusiasm for public humanities and their value in contemporary life
High School diploma
This position requires some travel within the state of Maryland.
Maryland Humanities office, 108 West Centre Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
(Employees are currently working remotely)
Position is full-time at 35 hours per week with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and credentials (range: $35,000–$40,000).
$30,000 - $40,000
Program Assistant for Grants & Community Engagement
Job Submission Requirements:
To apply, please prepare the following materials: cover letter and résumé. Submit requested items in a single PDF file via email to [email protected]
with the subject line as “Grants Assistant, GBCA”; no phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted through April 22, 2021. Interviews with qualified candidates will be conducted from May 1-5, 2021 with an anticipated start in June 1, 2021.
Maryland Humanities is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability. Maryland Humanities will not tolerate acts deemed to constitute discrimination or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Generous benefits package including 21 days annual paid vacation, 12 days annual paid sick leave, 12 annual paid holidays, health and life/long-term disability insurance, free parking, professional development funds, and 401(k) retirement account with employer contribution.