Seeking experienced picture framers
Us: We are a well-established and fast-paced picture frame shop catering to high-end galleries, designers, collectors, and fine artists.
You: Framing experience aside, you identify as self-motivated and skillful, with a rock solid work ethic and a critical eye for detail. You have a deep respect for artwork and know how to handle it with the utmost care.
Position responsibilities include:
Framing design consultation for discerning clientele
Mat cutting and mounting of artwork:
- Proper hinging and mounting techniques
- Use of vacuum dry mount press
- Fabric wrapped mats
Frame cutting and joining:
- Unpack and inspect moulding and supplies
- Cut chops using a pneumatic double miter saw.
- Join frames using a Cassese underpinner.
- Some table saw work and compound miter saw work
- Cut and clean glass and acrylic
- Final assemble and completion of frame
- Wrapping of completed framing for transport.
- Experience working in a picture frame shop
- Keen eye for detail
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Carpentry skills
- Strong sense of urgency to complete work quickly and accurately
- Ability to work independently
- Upbeat and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, along with good listening skills
- Team player
- Retail design experience
We offer benefits and a stimulating work environment. Five day work week.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].