The Lyric Baltimore’s Education team is searching for innovative, excited, and dedicated artists to provide exceptional arts programming for our Horizons Theater Program. These workshops provide mostly middle school students with training in theater and creative writing. Our goal is to support student’s imagination and creative agency. Using fun, engaging exercises, students learn the necessary skills to present theatrical performances to their family and friends. These weekly workshops culminate in student’s performing their original writing. Each workshop site performs two shows—a holiday performance in December and a full-length production in spring.
- Create an innovative artistic curriculum to educate youth to present a final performance—includes singing, movement, poetry and/or acting
- Arrive to the site an hour in advance to set up and prep for class
- Learn our methodology and apply it within your teachings
- Attend at least 2 meetings with the Lyric education team
Desired skills and attributes
- Has a strong desire and passion to work with youth and inspire them to excel at their fullest potential.
- Is a performance artist; vocalist, poet, musician, actor
- Has over 3 years of experience teaching youth in grades 6-8; summer camps, in and out of school programming, workshops, etc.
$1500 inclusive. 8 hours of class time and 1 meeting at the Lyric. Teaching: 60 to 75 minutes per week. The deadline for applications is September 24, 2021.