Job Title: Event Manager
Classification: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Front of House and Rentals Manager
Compensation: $17.50/hour and Employee Sick and Safety time
Overview: Event Managers serve as ambassadors for Creative Alliance while providing exceptional service to all who come through our doors. Event Managers work with staff to ensure high quality and memorable experiences at events for all performers, volunteers, and patrons. This position mainly consists of evening and weekend shifts during performances, screenings, and other special events.
Principal Responsibilities: Provide excellent customer service to all patrons and performers Organize venue for performances including setting up audience arrangements Manage bartenders, box office assistants, and volunteers Prepare and reconcile cash banks and reports for both box office and bars Work with event lead and performers to ensure events run flawlessly and on time Maintain tidiness of facility including end of shift clean up and trash removal Close and secure building at end of shift Troubleshoot issues as they arise
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Confident, take charge attitude, ability to multi-task, and real-time problem solve
- Outgoing personality with effective communication skills
- Availability to work evenings and weekends; occasional weekdays, daytime hours a plus
- 2+ years managing events and/or performances
- 2+ years customer service experience
- Experience handling cash
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and workshops
- Bartending or bar management experience
- Patron Services experience
- Ability to speak Spanish
As an inclusive community that works toward being an anti-racist organization, Creative Alliance encourages applicants of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and physical abilities.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].