Exhibition Manager Position
The Maryland Center for History and Culture (MCHC) seeks a dynamic team member to join our Museum Department as the Exhibition Manager. Reporting to the Director of Collections and working closely with the Vice President of Collections and Interpretation, this position will serve as project manager for the robust rotating exhibition schedule at MCHC, as well as provide key services to exhibition installation and upkeep. Our new team member will also help with institutional collection management initiatives as needed.
- Project management of exhibition development in the Museum’s 10 galleries;
- Work with the Vice President of Collections and Interpretation to set and maintain annual exhibition schedules;
- Coordinate and oversee contractors including designers, fabricators, and art handlers;
- Organize and maintain exhibition-related documents;
- Monitor and maintain as needed the condition of long-term exhibitions;
- Track exhibition budgets;
- Design and install all exhibition lighting;
- Lead and assist in art and object installation;
- Install Museum and Library objects in exhibitions;
- Carry out ad hoc de-installation and installation of objects as needed throughout the Museum;
- Assist with collection moves.
- Experience in project management;
- Experience designing and installing all exhibition lighting;
- Proficiency in installing artwork and objects of various mediums;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of exhibition standards and practices;
- Proficiency with power tools a plus;
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
About the Position
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits with occasional evening and weekend hours. The salary range is $40,000 -45,000 annually. The final salary will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, and resume with contacts of three professional supervisory references to [email protected] by May 31, 2022. Subject line: Exhibition Manager. Incomplete applications may not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to educate people of all ages about the American experience through the rich history of Maryland using their collections and to preserve important objects and archival materials from prehistoric Maryland to the present day. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture collects, preserves, and interprets the history, art, and culture of Maryland. By exploring multiple perspectives and sharing national stories through the lens of Maryland, MCHC inspires critical thinking, creativity, and community. Learn more at mdhistory.org.