The Maryland Center for History and Culture (MCHC) seeks an enthusiastic team member to join our staff as the Director of Human Resources & Administration. Reporting to the President & CEO, this position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day Human Resources needs for the organization, as well as handling payroll, benefits administration and maintaining all personnel files. This person will serve as the administrator for all things related to the Board, President’s office and Human Resources for a staff of about 40 employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the onboarding and offboarding process for all employees;
- Post all new position openings to a variety of platforms, track applicants, support scheduling and attend all interviews;
- Manage employee leave time;
- Review, reconcile, and process HSA and 403b Retirement plan constitutions on a monthly basis;
- Complete employee enrollment and termination of benefits including health, dental, vision, 403b, LTD, and Life insurance, and health savings accounts;
- Serve as a liaison between staff and benefit broker in order to resolve issues;
- Continuously work to bring the organization up to current HR standards, and handle day-to-day HR issues as they occur;
- Research and advise on policy development;
- Assist with the diversity, equity, access and inclusion efforts of the organization by advising on matters concerning human resources and workplace culture;
- Act as liaison to the Governance & Nominating Committees;
- Serve as assistant to the President & CEO;
- Serve as Board Liaison.
Qualifications and Requirements;
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience
- Excellent organization and administrative skills
- SHRM or PHR Certification a plus
- Experience in a non-profit setting a plus
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits. The salary range is $57,000-$62,000.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, and resume with contacts of three professional references to [email protected]. Subject line: Director of Human Resources & Administration . Incomplete applications may not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to educate people of all ages about the American experience through the rich history of Maryland using their collections and to preserve important objects and archival materials from prehistoric Maryland to the present day.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture collects, preserves, and interprets the history, art, and culture of Maryland. By exploring multiple perspectives and sharing national stories through the lens of Maryland, MCHC inspires critical thinking, creativity, and community. Learn more at mdhistory.org.
$50,000 - $60,000
Maryland Center for History and Culture
Director of Human Resources & Administration
Job Submission Requirements:
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, and resume with contacts of three professional references to [email protected]
Subject line: Director of Human Resources & Administration . Incomplete applications may not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Health, Dental, Vision, LTD & Life insurance. HSA. 403b Retirement plan with matching after 1 year