France-Merrick Foundation hiring Executive Assistant
The EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT provides highly organized, detail-driven, and confidential administrative support to the
Foundation's President and Board of Directors. The position requires strong alignment with the foundation’s values
and commitment to Baltimore, as well as demonstrated success, sound judgment, and flexibility working in a complex,
fast-paced environment. This position has the flexibility to be between 80% to full-time and reports to the President.
In-person in our Baltimore office with the potential for up to two remote workdays per week. Subject to change.
The FRANCE-MERRICK FOUNDATION is a Baltimore-based philanthropic institution focused on enhancing the
quality of life in Maryland and Baltimore. With a $230 million endowment and annual grantmaking of $10 million
to nonprofit organizations, the foundation is governed by a board of family and community members and is
operated by a lean professional staff.
President Support (40%)
- Proactively provides prompt, accurate, confidential and professional services to the President
- Coordinates President’s calendar for meetings and events, presentations, travel arrangements and for
- Drafts regular reports and briefings for President review
- Processes monthly expense and reimbursement reports
Board of Directors Support (45%)
Board and committee meetings
- Schedules Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings, confirms attendees and sends reminders
- Prepares and distributes meeting agendas and other materials
- Coordinates meeting logistics including technical needs and catering
- Attends all Board and Committee meetings and produces detailed meeting minutes and follow-up reports
- Answers questions about past grants, matching gifts, meetings and other potential needs
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members
- Manages the Board’s matching gifts and “in honor of” programs, including data entry, preparing payment letters and tracking acknowledgments
- Oversees Board member conflict of interest reporting, including annually updating forms and documentation of conflicts
Administrative and Team Support (15%)
- Sets a friendly and welcoming tone in the office through interactions with colleagues and visitors, and in response to general phone or e-mail inquiries
- Performs general office duties such as monitoring office supplies, maintaining office areas and equipment, managing office-wide calendar and contacts, managing mail and other correspondence and reconciling bank statement
- Creates a system to manage and maintain all administrative files
- Uses Blackbaud Grantmaking database software as needed
- Provides occasional support to staff, upon need and request
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & VALUES
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of integrity, learning, collaboration, and impact
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as supportive role to senior executive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite/Adobe
- Excellent multitasking, organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Team-player with a track record for building and maintaining collaborative relationships and contributing to a positive organizational culture
- Professional maturity, discretion and good judgement
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive and creative approach to problem-solving and systems improvements
- Familiarity with standard office administration tasks including record keeping
- Detail-oriented and highly accurate with data entry
- An understanding of, or interest in developing an understanding of, the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias
- Flexibility, as job responsibilities may evolve in small office setting over time
- Previous non-profit or foundation work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
The Foundation seeks to have a diverse staff team and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and other individuals under-represented in the philanthropy profession. For more information about France-Merrick Foundation, including our history and giving areas visit our website at www.france-merrickfdn.org.
$50,000 - $60,000 $60,000 - $70,000
Job Submission Requirements:
Submit a cover letter and your resume as a single PDF via e-mail to [email protected]
. The deadline to apply is Friday, June 24, 2022.
Please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: $57,000 - $67,000 based on experience plus medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, disability and life
insurance, contributions to retirement, and matching contributions to donations.