Single Carrot Theatre is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community—across race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, socioeconomic background, and political viewpoint— in which all are encouraged to apply. Some of our core values include:
- That we take risks in the pursuit of artistic excellence and innovation
- That we believe theatre should propel people to re-envision themselves, each other, their communities, and Baltimore.
- We believe in a transparent artistic process that is equally welcoming to guest artists and community members.
- We approach our work with a spirit of generosity and collaboration.
- We believe a multiplicity of diverse voices is necessary at every level of Single Carrot Theatre and that valuing those voices equitably is the only way to achieve innovative, vibrant, and transformative art.
- Theatre should play a role in dismantling all systems of oppression.
- We are adaptive and responsive to the here and now.
SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS Marketing Manager and Content Creator
Single Carrot Theatre (SCT), Baltimore’s premier alternative theatre company, creates socially relevant theatre as a form of civic engagement in Baltimore by producing vibrant, experiential performances in traditional and non-traditional theatre venues; building cross-sector partnerships; and facilitating empowering education programs. This includes three productions annually, one night events, a robust education program, and a variety of fundraising and community engagement events. By performing in a variety of locations and being a more community-minded theatre company, Single Carrot Theatre is in a unique position in Baltimore to hone its path towards organizational growth through bold artistic and organizational choices focused on the city and its residents.
The Content Creator & Marketing Associate will work to develop and implement marketing strategies for Single Carrot Theatre with a focus on social media. They will collaborate with the Executive Director (ED) and Development/Marketing Department to support and execute programmatic marketing plans to grow revenue from ticket sales and institutional marketing through social media, text, video, and email platforms. They will pursue PR and media opportunities, and will develop and share stories about Single Carrot programs and initiatives using photo, text, and video content. The Content Creator & Marketing Associate will be responsible for creating all content for social media and email campaigns as well managing all social media and bulk-mail platforms, including back-end data analysis.This position will also assist in the cultivativation of relationships with new and existing audiences and media; clearly communicating Single Carrot’s goals, activities, and impact.
SCT has a small staff of 9 people (3 FT, 6 PT) and an ensemble of artists also work to support the company’s mission. We are looking for a candidate who can implement strategy from top to bottom for a small organization.
- Execute strategy and content creation for all marketing campaigns.
- Participate in setting of key performance indicators, carrying out campaigns that align with selected metrics and tracking performance of campaigns.
- Creating content and carrying out delivery for different target audiences
- Implement social media plans and maintain all social media accounts
- Write and send bulk and promotional emails through Mailchimp
- Copywriting for marketing, email, social media and other PR materials.
- Budget tracking for marketing activities.
- Website upkeep and design.
- Professional experience including work in marketing and content creation
- Understanding of social media trends
- Some graphic design experience is necessary
- Professional experience in social media marketing, especially paid advertising, metric setting, and data tracking
- Passion for the arts or theatre a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of graphic design and photo/video editing programs (Adobe Creative Suite, canva, etc.)
- Photography and video experience
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization and Google Ads
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CRMs such as Salesforce/PatronManager
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $25,000 - $30,000 (based on experience level)
- Part-time (30 hours per week)
- Flexible work schedule
To apply for the position, please send a resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Content Creator” and a cover letter or brief introduction of yourself.
We invite you to share anything that best shows off your qualification for this position. This could include your Facebook account, Instagram handle and Twitter handle or the handles for an organization / group account you run, any marketing/social media campaigns you have been responsible for, graphic or digital design work, etc.