The German American Cultural Center (GACC), located on the grounds of historic Zion Church near Baltimore’s City Hall. We are seeking a part-time fundraising professional to provide dynamic fund-raising direction and implementation. This individual will work closely with the Board of Directors to help develop a progressive schedule of fundraising activities for the GACC’s community outreach.
Summary of Responsibilities: Together, with members of the Board of Directors, this individual will help develop the strategic fundraising direction and establish initiatives to fulfill the mission of the GACC. This individual will also help direct the organization’s external communication. She/he will work to increase local and statewide awareness of Maryland German Americans and lead all fundraising and development activities, including seeking and completing grant applications. The job will require the individual to develop relationships with the community, foundations, corporations, and donors.
- The position prefers an individual with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Skill in and familiarity with German, German American culture and language is desired.
- Social Media skills and Microsoft Office skills are necessary.
- Grant Writing experience is necessary.
- Demonstrated excellence with written communication and relationship building.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with volunteers and groups.
- Willingness to work independently and work a variable schedule, including weekends and evenings when needed.
- Most of the work can be completed remotely.
This is a newly formed organization that is working to enhance the vibrant German American culture in both Baltimore and the surrounding areas.